We are excited to present an exclusive mix created by Bar Stereo regular DW to celebrate the launch of the Tokyo Authority website.
Takadanobaba Bar Stereo DJ regular DW celebrates the launch of Tokyo Authority, stepping up to the decks to spin a 60-minute all-vinyl set, hand-selected from his J-Fusion/Jazz shelves.
Crank it up, being sure to follow the instructions taken from one of these very album sleeves: “PLEASE PLAY AT OPTIMUM LEVEL TO RECEIVE INITIAL INTENT”.
- Gatchaman Prologue – NHK Symphony Orchestra (1978)
- Gatchaman Opening Theme – Original Soundtrack (1977)
- In Our Way of Life – Issei Noro (1985)
- Super Sonic Movement – Casiopea (1988)
- Zoom – Casiopea (1984)
- I LUV U – The Square (1981)
- Sister Marian – The Square (1984)
- Santiago Bay Rendez-vous – Masayoshi Takanaka (1983)
- Sky Tree – Hidefumi Ino (2018)
- I Thought That It Was (Dreamin’ & Dancin’) – Prism (1986)
- O-Ni-Go-Tsu-Co – Prism (1981)
- Agana – Ryo Kawasaki (1976)
- Passion Dance – Hidehiko “Sleepy” Matsumoto (1980)
- Gramma Grass – Masahiko Satoh (1979)
- Gatchaman Epilogue – NHK Symphony Orchestra (1978)
It begins here
This exclusive Launch Mix is a statement of intent. Tokyo’s music’s culture, overlooked by many, will be a key focus for Tokyo Authority going forward.
We also want Tokyo Authority to become a home for expression and creativity in our city, showcasing established regulars and fresh new talent, across art, writing and music.
We would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone that’s been part of the Tokyo Authority journey so far. So much of the world surrounding us has changed, but the love we have been shown is unparalleled. This is only the start of what we’ve got planned for Tokyo Authority – keep a close eye out for much more to come.